1970 ASTON MARTIN DBS VANTAGE - Original right hand drive
Aston Martin DBS
In 1966 the Milan design firm Touring was commissioned by Aston Martin to design the replacement for the DB6. DBS was first presented to the public on September 25, 1967 at Blenheim Palace. Initially, it was planned to produce a limited number. When it was launched, the DBS was powered by the 3,995 cc 6 cylinder engine that powered the DB6. Customers could choose the standard 285 horsepower version or the Vantage version which thanks to an engine compression ratio of 9.4: 1 and three Webers carburetors delivered 325 horsepower at 5,500 rpm.
Original Aston Martin DBS Vantage Chassis # DBS / 5498 / R: Meticulously restored and maintained
This superb Aston Martin DBS Vantage is an original right-hand drive, manual gearbox and Vantage car. The Vantage option offers an additional pleasure since the power goes from 285 horsepower for the standard DBS to 325 horsepower for this sporty version which has contributed to the fame of the Newport Pagnell firm. This DBS Vantage benefited several years ago from a complete restoration carried out by the French Aston Martin specialist Lamy. The body was stripped bare and the chassis was also extensively restored. A complete photo file documenting the stages of this restoration is available. The original engine n ° 4328 was replaced by engine n ° 4806. The ZF 5-speed gearbox was restored in 2014 by the British specialist Aston Engineering (invoice).
This DBS has been the subject of regular and meticulous maintenance by a French ASTON MARTIN specialist, documented by all the invoices. She has a French registration card.
: Aston Martin
: DBS Vantage
: DBS / 5498 / R
: Aston Martin 4 liters
: 325 hp
: ZF 5-speed
: 1580 kg